- Polymer Additives Inc.
- Polymer Additives Holding Inc.
- Polyadd Limited
- Polyadd Limited Belgium Branch
- Akcros Acquisitions Limited
- Akcros Holdings Limited
- Akcros Chemicals Inc.
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals Limited
- Valtris Advanced Organics Limited
- Valtris Advanced Organics Belgium NV
- Valtris Advanced Organics Maastricht BV
- Valtris France SAS
- Valtris Enterprises France SAS
- Valtris Champlor SAS
- Valtris Enterprises Limited
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals Limited Italian Branch
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals India Pvt Limited
- Polymer Additives Malaysia Holdings
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals Hong Kong Limited
- Polymer Additives Mexico Holdings S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals Services de Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.
- PAD Mexico Holdings, LLC
(together the “Valtris” or “we” or “us”) use and protect any information that you give when you purchase goods from us, supply goods and services to us and/or distribute our goods and products. It also covers how we protect information you may provide to us when visiting our website. We have a separate privacy notice detailing how we protect the personal data of our European based employees, which is available from the local European HR Department.
Valtris is committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to both HR and non-HR data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
What Personal Data Do We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, job title and company name
- Contact information including email address, phone number, etc.
- Other information relevant for customer service and supply, such as business location, business organizational information
- Invoicing, payment and credit information
- How you found our website, website areas visited and how long you visited our website
- Products or services you supply
- Bank details, home address, home phone number if you are an independent consultant or trader providing a service to Valtris
- Personal data which may be provided by visitors to our website, e.g. information provided in career opportunity enquiries and contact forms
- Information about you such as your IP address stored automatically by cookies and other session tools.
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to meet our business needs and requirements and/or to understand your needs and ensure we provide our customers the best products and services. Similarly, we need this information to make sure our suppliers provide us with the best products and services. We also require information in particular for the following reasons:
- Business and workload planning and budgeting
- Sales and Marketing
- Internal record keeping
- Financial management and reporting
- Responding to your website enquiries
- Future services we may need from your organization
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Additionally, in the performance of our business and electronic storage of information, Valtris may be sharing personal information with 3rd party companies or organizations, including subsidiaries, affiliates and other entities that perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Marketing & website support service providers
- 3rd party business support service providers, such as transport service providers, business insurance providers, banks, etc.
- Network and data backup service providers
- Cloud service providers
- Business systems service providers
- IT support service providers
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of our assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. We use Intrusion Prevention System to detect and block know security attacks. We regularly provide Cyber security training to our employees to keep our information secure from phishing attacks and hacking attempts.
Even though we try our best, we can’t guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment or contact forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Under Applicable Data Protection Laws, you may have the right, in certain cases, to request access to your Personal Data that we process including the purposes and potential recipients of this data. If you are a citizen of an EU member state, you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR). You can make that request by emailing us at [email protected] for North America and [email protected] for EU and Asia Pacific.
If you have previously provided Valtris with personal information for any reason and want us to remove that information from our records, you may make that request by contacting us using the email address provided above. We will comply with your request unless we have a legitimate reason to retain your information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or needs rectifying, erasing or restricting in regard to the manner in which we process your data, please contact us, as soon as possible, using the email address provided above.
We have a separate privacy notice detailing how we protect the personal data of our European based employees, which provides further information on current and previous employee rights under GDPR. This is available from your local HR Department. For European based employees who have left the organization, please contact the HR Department at your last place of work with Valtris with any enquiries you may have regarding protection of personal data or email us at the email address above.
We offer covered Persons the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether we may (i) disclose their Personal Data to certain third parties or (ii) use their Personal Data for purposes incompatible with the purposes for which the information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the Covered Person.
However, there may be circumstances where information is shared without consent. This will only be if:
- The disclosure is in the legitimate interests of the Company or the third party to whom the information is being disclosed
- There is a statutory obligation to share the data
- Disclosure is required for the performance of a contract
- Disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interest; for example in medical emergency
- Disclosure is made to assist with prevention or detection of crime, or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders
- Disclosure is required by a Court Order
- Disclosure is necessary to assist the Company obtain legal advice
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, or sale of our assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
We use Personal Data only for the purposes indicated in this Policy unless we have a legal basis, such as consent, to use it for other purposes. To the extent required by law, we obtain prior opt-in consent from Covered Persons at the time of collection for the processing of (i) Personal Data for marketing purposes, (ii) when Personal Data is to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized; and, (iii) sensitive data.
Covered Persons may contact us as indicated below regarding the Company’s use or disclosure of their Personal Data.
Onward Transfer of Personal Data
We may regularly share Personal Data with third parties as indicated in the “Choice” section above, such as for the purposes of administration and reconciliation of Vendor-related invoices or business-related travel expenses or, auditing by a third-party auditor or, to conduct or send business-related surveys and communications or, to preserve or defend the Company’s legal rights following business-related demands or litigation. Except as permitted or required by applicable law, we require third parties to whom we disclose Personal Data and who are not subject to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament (EU GDPR), European Union Data Protection Directive 95/46 or an adequacy finding, to either subscribe to the Privacy Shield program or contractually agree to provide at least the same level of protection for Personal Data as is required by the relevant privacy principles. Except as permitted by the Privacy Shield principles, the Company retains liability for third-party processing of Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the principles of the Privacy Shield.
Feedback and Contact for Enquiries & Complaints
If you have any concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you can raise your concern in the first instance via email to [email protected] for North America and [email protected] for EU and Asia Pacific.
Covered Persons may file a complaint concerning our processing of their Personal Data with the Company’s European HR Director, whose contact information is below. We will take steps to investigate and to promptly respond within forty-five (45) days to issues arising out of a failure to comply with the Privacy Shield principles. The form below can be used to initiate an internal complaint regarding the Company’s Personal Data practices. If a Covered Person’s complaint cannot be resolved or remedied through our internal processes, we will cooperate, at no cost to the Covered Person, with JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider based in the U.S., whose website and dispute resolution process can be found at www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. The Covered Person also may refer the matter through the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner or their local data protection authority to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which has Privacy Shield investigatory and enforcement jurisdiction over Valtris and can hear claims regarding possible unfair or deceptive practices and violations of privacy laws.
If a Covered Person continues to have concerns related to Privacy Shield Data handling practices, as a last resort, the decisions of the alternative dispute resolution provider may be appealed to a Privacy Shield Panel, which will have the authority to provide binding arbitration on disputes and to impose individual-specific non-monetary equitable relief to remedy any non-compliance with the principles of the Privacy Shield.
How to Contact Valtris
Alternatively, you can contact our European HR Director, who has primary responsibility for dealing with such matters, at the address below:
Valtris Specialty Chemicals Limited
Attention: Garry Walton, European HR Director
Eccles, Manchester, UK